1 box yellow cake mix (Dunan Hines – not butter added)
1/2 cup dark rum
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 package instant vanilla pudding ( 3 3/4 ounce)
1/4 c butter (unsalted)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/8 cup water
1/4 cup rum
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F…(165 degrees C).
2. Grease and flour mini muffin or bundt pan.
3. Mix together the yellow cake mix, ½ cup dark rum, eggs, ½ cup cold water,
cooking oil and instant vanilla pudding.
4. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 hour.
5. Cool, place on a serving plate & prick little holes in the top with a toothpick
To Make Glaze:
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in 1/8 cup water and sugar. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove mixture from the heat and stir in rum. Drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over the top and sides of cake while the cake is still warm.
If you would like to add chopped pecan or walnuts, place them in the pan and then add the cake mix ontop and bake.