Seasoned Beef and Chicken Skewers Recipe from Holland America Cruise line.
For more cruise line recipes visit blog.atlastravelweb.com
Seasoned Beef & Chicken Skewers
You can create your own skewer by adding your own ingredients – such as tomatoes or other vegetables, or choosing your own meat or fish. All combinations work!….
- 1 pound tender beef (preferable strip loin)
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 12 pieces mushrooms
- 8 (10-inch) metal skewers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cut beef and chicken into 1 inch cubes and each bell pepper and onion into 16 pieces.
- Combine all marinade ingredients. In a large bowl, combine beef, chicken, bell peppers, onion and mushrooms. Gently toss all ingredients with marinade, coating well.
- Carefully thread onions, peppers, mushrooms, chicken and beef alternately onto skewers until you have an assortment of pieces on the skewer. Let skewers marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to overnight, covered and refrigerated. Preheat oven to 425 degrees or cook on a barbecue grill 6-10 minutes, turning occasionally so they don’t burn.
Publish Date: 08/05/2010 10:00
Holland America Recipes | Atlas Cruises and Tours Blog
This entry was posted on Thursday, August 5th, 2010 at 10:00 am and is filed under Holland America, Recipes.