Caution this is the coolest tuna salad ever! Our good friend from Get Innergized with Renee is sharing another delicious recipe with us. With this dish, I had the tuna salad made ahead of time (tuna, mayo, celery, cranberries and walnuts…I wanted to add onion but I ran out of time). Cook some pasta and steamed some kale (for a minute or two). I then put the pasta in the freezer so it would cool faster and set the kale on the cutting board to cool before I chopped it up. Once I felt everything was at the right temperature, I mixed everything together in a big bowl and placed a scoop on my lovely dish. So if you end up trying my dish, let me know how it worked for you! Did you do anything different to it? Not like it? Made another COOL pasta salad instead? This foodie would love to hear! So if you get a minute, be sure to comment below and let me know.
Coolest Tuna Salad Ever!
1 can of tuna salad
2 to 3 tablespoons of mayonaise
2 celery stalks (diced)
Handful of kale (steamed for one or two minutes and then cooled)
Handful of dried cranberries
Handful of chopped walnuts
1 cup of pasta of choice ( I used Ancient Harvest Quinoa Vegetable pasta – saw it for the first time at Whole Foods this past weekend and I grabbed it right away! I really love quinoa pasta…not because it’s healthy…just because it’s yummy to me! And, yes, I eat just white pasta, too! Mmmm…yummy! yummy!)
1. Prepare pasta ahead of time and then put in refrigerator to cool (if preparing right away, place in freezer for a few minutes for quick cooling).
2. Mix tuna salad with chopped celery, chopped steamed kale, cranberries and walnuts.
3. Add tuna mix to pasta and then mix with wooden spoon.
4. Place coolest tuna salad ever in your favorite serving dish.
5. Turn off all distractions, sit down by yourself or with your family, take a few deep breaths, say how much gratitude you have for your food, your family, your life and dig in, slowly and savor the deliciousness!
© 2011 Renee Yemma ® All Rights Reserved.
Renee C. Yemma, Holistic Health Coach. She is a mother, writer, teacher, coach, photographer and so much more. To receive weekly healthy living articles on loving delicious, nutritious foods and putting YOU first without feeling guilty about it, visitwww.reneeyemma.com.