Here is another amazing recipe from ReneeYemma.com for Confetti Rice
Today I’m sharing a dish that I like to call confetti rice. I’m sure you’ve seen this dish before, or even made it yourself. The one thing I love about my job is I get to help others re-connect with their kitchen. It’s too easy to have outside sources prepare our foods for us, so I’m hoping to show others how easy it is to make delicious, homemade, wholesome meals that your entire family will love! (This is a great dish for the kiddos! Just cut the vegetables tiny (depending on their age) for the little mouths in the house).
The great thing about this recipe is you can leave like this for a side dish, or you can make it your main meal. You can add in animal protein or tofu and make it your main meal. And, it’s a great kids dish!
For compete step-by-step instructions with photos go to: Confetti Rice Recipe Instructions
Recipe from ReneeYemma.com
1 cup of brown rice
2 cups of water
1 piece of kombu
1 or 2 carrots
1 or 2 peppers (orange, yellow, red, green)
3 to 5 mushrooms
1 head of broccoli
1 bunch of watercress (or any dark leafy green of choice, kale, collards, spinach, chard)
1 handful of parsley
1 to 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or olive oil
1. Put 1 cup of water in a bowl full of water to soak. Let sit for a few minutes or so and then rinse and add new water. Let soak for 1 to 8 hours.
2. Rinse rice.
3. Put 2 cups of water in pot and place over high heat.
4. Add in piece of kombu.
5. Once water boils, add rice, and cover. Turn heat down to low. Let cook for 35 to 45 minutes. Brown rice takes longer than white and can be tricky if you haven’t made it before. Onc you see the water has soaked up, and the kombu is on top, it’s done!
6. Dice vegetables while rice cooks.
7. Heat pan over medium heat.
8. Add butter.
9. Add carrots. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until they have softened some.
10. Add peppers. Cook for 5 minutes, or until they are softened some.
11. Add mushrooms. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
12. Add broccoli. Cook until they turn bright green.
13. Add watercress and parsley. Stir around and let cook for a minute or so.
14. Fluff up rice with fork and place in bowl. Discard Kombu.
15. Add cooked vegetables to rice and mix.
16. Turn off all distractions, sit down with your family, take a few deep breaths, say how much gratitude you have for your food and your family and dig in, slowly!