Valentine’s Day is a special day to celebrate love and express one’s feelings for their special someone. Make this Valentine’s Day special without breaking the bank. Here are some delicious yet budget-friendly meal options to try at home with your loved one. To make it extra special, why not make some delicious food at home? Plenty of delicious dishes make for the perfect Valentine’s Day meal. Here are some ideas to get you started.
A nice steak dinner is a great option for a Valentine’s Day meal. Steak is a classic dish that is sure to please your special someone. Another option is to make a romantic dinner for two. This could include a nice bottle of wine, some candles, and some soft music playing in the background. Whatever you do, make sure you take the time to enjoy your meal and each other’s company.
Baked Brie with Walnuts and Honey
- 1 wheel of brie cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Bake at 350°F for 15 mins.
- Dice 5 Roma tomatoes and mix with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil.
- Toast bread and top with tomato mixture.
- Flank steak, sliced bell peppers, onion, tortillas
- Marinate steak in lime juice, cumin, garlic. Grill meat and veggies, serve in tortillas.
- 8 oz pasta, 2 eggs, 3 oz pancetta, Parmesan, salt & pepper
- Cook pasta al dente. Cook pancetta. Toss pasta with eggs, cheese, pancetta.
For a fancier option
Red Wine Braised Short Ribs are a decadent dish which are full of flavor and perfect for a special occasion.
Molten Lava Cakes
- 4 oz dark chocolate, 1/4 cup butter, 2 eggs, powdered sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter. Mix in eggs and sugar. Pour batter into ramekins, bake at 425°F for 12 mins.
Strawberries & Cream
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- Whipped cream or homemade vanilla whipped cream
- Dip strawberries into cream for an elegant and simple dessert.
Heart-shaped cakes and cupcakes are also a popular choice.
For something light and refreshing try …
Shrimp scampi is another great option, Olive Tapenade and Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is an easy and tasty dish that can be served in an elegant way.
If you’re looking for something comforting…
Cranberry martinis are a great way to start the evening off right, while Slow Cooker Beef Stew is perfect for a cold winter night. Or perhaps Instant Pot Chili.
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs, Air fryer sweet potato fries and spanakopita (spinach pie) are both hearty options that can be served as sides or enjoyed as main dishes. Have you ever air-fried a steak?
Chicken saltimbocca is an Italian classic, while Instant Pot chili is sure to be a hit with everyone! Finally, air fryer steak is a classic main course that will make any Valentine’s Day dinner memorable.