I was on the todayshow.com website and came across this article titled “Editor’s choice: 15 recipes to satisfy cravings” and one of the recipes that caught my eye was the Grilled shrimp with cilantro, lime and peanuts.
It was part of this “Martha’s simply scrumptious shrimp dishes“… the domestic guru shares three flavorful, fresh and healthy recipes. There are also a few other shrimp recipes on there that sounds delicious. In the August issue of Martha Stewart Living, Martha Stewart shares her tips and recipes for three flavorful, fresh and healthy dishes that are perfect for a summer get-together.
I am going to try making this one this weekend. Has anyone else tried this recipe yet ?
Grilled shrimp with cilantro, lime and peanuts
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound (about 15) jumbo shrimp, shells on
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
1. Zest limes into a bowl. Squeeze in juice from 1 lime, and whisk in fish sauce and sugar.
2. Preheat grill to high. Brush shrimp with oil on both sides, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill until pink and firm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3. Toss shrimp with fish-sauce mixture, cilantro, peanuts and scallions. Juice remaining lime over shrimp.
Serves 4 Recipe is from the todayshow.com recipe section
Here are some of our favorite Shrimp recipes that we have featured before
[…] this article titled “Editor’s choice: 15 recipes to satisfy cravings” that had the recipe for Grilled shrimp with cilantro, lime and peanuts. This recipe is “The Scottos’ stuffed vegetables” …. Add flavor to mushrooms, […]