Celebrate the international influences and palate pleasing flavors of California wine and cuisine as Disney’s California Adventure® Park plays host to a food-lover’s festival that showcases the diverse tastes of the Golden State. Join celebrity chefs, noted sommeliers and fellow culinary connoisseurs in a series of demonstrations, seminars, and epicurean adventures that will have your mouth watering.
2010 EVENT DATES:
April 16 – May 31, 2010
•Signature Events listing available February 1, 2010
•Signature Events go on sale February 16, 2010
To give you an idea of what may be offered in 2010, here are the 2009 highlight events.
- World Celebration Dinners – Celebrate the flavors and traditions from around the world at one of these memorable international multi-course dinners.
- “Behind the Secenes With…” – Attend an evening with the personalities, celebrity chefs and stars from some of your favorite cooking shows or with the well-known personalities or celebrities who discovered the vast world of wine and became winemakers themselves! The evening begins with delicious appetizers and exquisite wines followed by a question and answer session. This is a unique opportunity to get up close and personal, take a photo or get an answer to that question you’ve always wanted to ask. Don’t miss out on this superstar, evening to remember!
- Sweet Sundays – Delicious desserts and pleasing pastries take center stage as acclaimed pastry chefs share their favorite dessert items. Guests will toast their morning with a glass of sparkling wine and light buffet breakfast.
- Advanced Wine Course – A six hour advanced wine course. Each session includes three, two-hour classes.
- Festival Wine Receptions – Enjoy a beautiful California sunset and evening under the stars sampling exquisite wines and delicious hors d’oeuvres. Discover a new vintage and meet and mingle with fellow enthusiasts.
- Festival Wine Walks – Take a tasting tour of the finest wine regions and travel the globe without ever leaving the Festival. Each walk’s tasting-passport offers up to four wine tastings from around the world or a single region.
- Festival Wine and Gift Shop – Shop for specially designed Festival merchandise and logo items to commemorate your visit to the festival. The Wine Shop features full bottle sales of selected wines from participating Festival wineries. Or you may enjoy wine by the glass on the beautiful outdoor patio.
- Introduction to Wine Tasting – Master sommelier Michael Jordan, of the award-winning Napa Rose restaurant, will share his passion for wine in this class that introduces guests to the joys of wine tasting. For a fee and with advanced registration, each class will offer a basic training in the different types, varieties and blends, taste, structure, and characteristics found in wine servings. (Sundays)
- Winemaker Dinners – Disneyland® Resort chefs partner with premiere Winemakers to prepare outstanding culinary delights at these exclusive dinners. (Friday Evenings)
- Napa Rose Cooking School – Executive Chef Andrew Sutton will lead hands-on classes to create a themed meal paired with wines, and at the conclusion of the course, each guest will receive a Napa Rose Cooking School chef coat to commemorate the experience. (Saturdays)
- The Lounge at the Golden Vine Winery – Located in the upper terrace overlooking the beautiful Golden Vine Winery, Guests can relax and enjoy exceptional wines from international and California vineyards. The unique flight menu allows Guests to sample a variety of wines grouped by varietal, location or theme. Delicious wine country tapas are also available.
- Taste – Food, Wine, Life – One great event – two spectacular nights! The Festival’s grand finale, this event will be held on Friday, June 5 and Saturday, June 6, offering guests a delicious celebration of the culinary talents of numerous chefs and featuring dozens of spectacular wines.
Research Disneyland vacation packages.
[…] Disney’s California Food and Wine Festival Celebrate the international influences and palate pleasing flavors of California… […]