St Patrick’s Day is coming up and what’s better than stew!
St. Patrick’s Day is Irish in traditional dishes. Enjoy this delicious Irish stew recipe.
Irish Stew Recipie
- 2 lbs Beef Stew meat Chopped into 1 inch squares
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 lbs Russet Potatoes Peeled & diced
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 large White Onion
- 2 cups Carrots Peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp Thyme Chopped
- 1 cup Celery Diced
- 2 tbsp Parsley Chopped
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 5 cups Beef Stock
- 1½ cups Water
- ¼ stick Butter
- Trim the meat and cut into large chunks.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat. Brown meat in oil. Cook for about 5 minutes making sure all sides are brown. Set aside.
- Melt butter. Add onions, carrots and celery. Saute vegetables for about 5 minutes.. Add garlic and cook 1 additional minute. Add stock, wine, tomato paste, sugar, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves, as well as the meat. Cook over medium heat for 1 hour.
- Peel and slice the potatoes and onions put layers of potatoes, meat.