Marinted beef strips served in a flour toritilla. Serve with taco cheese, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
1 1/2 to 2 lb skirt or flank steak
2 yellow onions sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 green bell pepper seeded and cut into strips
1 red bell pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
1/3 cup tequila
1/2 lime, juiced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. In a shallow bowl, whisk tequila, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, oregano, cumin, cilantro and red pepper flakes.
2. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade (refrigerate until ready to use)
3. Add meat to the bowl & rub marinade on all sides.
4. Cover & refrigerate at least 2 hours. Can marinate overnight.
5. When you are ready to cook the meat, pre-heat your BBQ.
6. Grill beef – using the marinade you had set aside to brush onto meat every couple of minutes until beef is done. (about 9 or 10 minutes for medium rare)
7. If you have room on your grill, as the meat is cooking, place a piece of aluminum foil large enough to cook onions & peppers.
8. Brush onions & peppers with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt.
Cook 3 minutes and then turn and cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until browned.
9. Heat flour tortillas in the oven or on the grill.
10. Cut the meat in thin slices.
11. Mix the meat slices with the onions & peppers.
12. Serve on flour tortillas with your favorite accomopaniments.
Add chopped cilantro to your fajitas
Onions & peppers can be cooked prior to the meat in a pan & kept warm on low heat.
Replace the meat with chicken strips.