Another popular Princess Cruise line dessert recipe. Try this delicious creme brulee. In the photo you will note that there is a lot more fruit than what is noted in the recipe. We just wanted to show that it goes great with various fruit options.
2 cups fresh cream
1 vanilla bean
5 egg yolks
¼ cup sugar
1 cup red raspberries
1 cup golden raspberries
- Bring cream and vanilla bean just to boiling point.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar and egg yolks together to form a smooth paste.
- Remove the vanilla bean from the milk and slowly mix the milk into the eggs and sugar mixture.
- Return to stove over a double boiler; do not boil.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add to the mixture.
- Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until it has slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and fold in the raspberries, reserving a few to garnish each plate.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place 6, 5-ounch custard cups or molds in a water bath by placing them in a baking pan and pouring enough water. in the pan to cover half way up the sides of the molds, being careful to keep the inside of the molds dry.
- Equally divide the custard in the molds and bake for 20 -25 minutes or until the custard has set.
- Crème brûlée can be served hot or cold. If you want to remove from the mold for presentation, chill well first.
Can be garnished with caramel lattice, raspberries and mint leaves or other fresh fruits as pictured above.