Our good friends at NS Merill and Company have shared one of their favorite recipes for a cocktail party – Salmon Caviar Canapés!
Recipe for Salmon Caviar Canapés
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 loaf thinly sliced white bread
- 6 ounces red salmon caviar
- Fresh parsley sprigs
1. Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the chives, horseradish and salt and pepper to taste until blended. Refrigerate until firm.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
3. Cut sixty triangle shapes from the bread slices. Place in a single layer on baking sheets and bake until lightly toasted. Turn and toast the second side.
4. Spread each toast triangle with a thin layer of the cream cheese. Place ½ teaspoon of the salmon caviar on the top center of each triangle. Garnish with a parsley sprig.
yields – 60 hors d’ oeuvres
NS Merill offers the best selection of party dishes- and for this occasion the suggest the Artisanal Tableware by Caskata from N. S. Merill & Company. The plates they use for cocktail parties are canapé plates with sea patterns by Caskata. To see the products they carry visit http://www.nsmerill.com
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution