1 pound of Chopped frozen spinach
1/4 cup chopped red onion
4 cloves garlic minced
3 tablespons melted butter
3 tablespoons flour
3 cups of half and half
3.5 oz parm cheese
.5 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp of Tabasco
1. In a heavy duty pot combine the butter and flour, stir frequently until light brown in color
2. Add in the cream, salt and Tabasco.
3. Bring to a boil, then slowly whisk in parmesan cheese.
4. Place in a plastic container, cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Defrost spinach overnight in the fridge and drain off the liquid before using.
6. Mix spinach cream, drained and defrosted spinach, red onions & garlic. Mix well.
7. Stir in 1/2 cup mozarella & 1/2 cup cheddar cheese into the mixture
8. Put in casserole dish and cook at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes
Serve with tortilla chips
- Top the spinach dip with sour cream and fresh bacon bits
- Have someone that doesn’t like onions? Have chopped red onions available as a topping rather than in the dip.
- Serve in a bread bowl