Cheesecake is an all-time favorite. Give it a fall twist by adding pumpkin.
- 1 eight ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg + 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 store bought Graham Cracker crust
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in sugar and then egg mixture. Add pumpkin, maple syrup and spice and mix with a spoon. (no mixer at this point.) Place mixture in pie crust. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Let cool 15 or 20 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make mini cheesecakes, you can make your own crust out of 1 cup graham crackers, 2 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/3 stick melted butter, 1 teaspoon maple syrup, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- When ready to serve, top with Cool Whip and sprinkle of cinnamon as a finishing touch!