Have you ever tried Crystal Cruise Lines Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe?
This brings me to my next question… What are your thoughts about the selection of desserts on a cruise ship? I do remember the days of a midnight chocolate buffet but at the end of the day you can’t beat a freshly made cookie. I don’t really even eat cookies and I find myself keeping a stash in my cabin for after dinner! Crystal Cruises was nice enough to share their Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe with us 🍪
Crystal Cruises Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Stand Mixer or Hand Mixer
- 2 Bowls
- Cookie Sheet
- Parchment Paper or Silicone Baking Sheet
- 1 ⅓ cup Unsalted Butter (2 sticks plus 6 tablespoons)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 packet Bittersweet Chocolate (10 ounces)
- Garnish: 1 package Mini Cadbury Eggs
- Working with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until soft and creamy. Add eggs one at a time until incorporated. Add in the salt and vanilla.
- While butter and sugar are creaming, in a separate bowl, whisk baking soda into flour.
- Turn off the mixer, add all the dry ingredients and pulse a few times to start the blending. Then, turn the mixer to low and beat until the dough comes together. Toss in the chocolate chips and slowly mix to incorporate.
- Using a cookie scoop as a guide, portion out balls of dough on to a tray. Freeze the tray of dough for at least one to two hours. I usually make these the night before.
- Place a rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 350 F with an empty cookie sheet pan in oven. The hot tray helps with the browning and stops cookie from spreading.
- Once oven comes up to temperature, carefully remove hot baking tray and place a piece of parchment or a silicone mat on it. Remove the tray of cookies in your freezer and transfer the cookies to the hot tray, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes rotating mid-baking
- Remove cookies. Add three Cadbury Mini Eggs to each cookie, slightly pressing them into dough.
While we are at it, we thought we’d share this exciting new recipe for Crystal Cruises Vegan Cheesecake. Crystal cruises is known for its exceptional cuisine, and this is no exception. The Crystal River Cruises culinary team has shared their vegan cheesecake recipe, which provides a sweet and creamy alternative to traditional cheesecake.
Crystal Cruises Vegan Cheesecake Recipe
- Medium Bowl
- Springform Pan
- Food Processor
Homemade Graham Crust
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp miller’s bran (not cereal)
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup vegan butter or coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 2 (349 g/12.3 oz) packages silken extra-firm tofu (“silken” texture imperative, do not substitute); available in shelf-stable tetra packs or fresh
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp agar-agar
Homemade Graham Crust
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, bran, cocoa and cinnamon until combined.
- Mix in vegan butter or oil and agave or maple syrup until fully combined. Firmly press into a 7-inch springform pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and beginning to crack on top.
- Cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan, bring apple juice, sugar and agar-agar to a boil, reduce to medium and cook, stirring a few times, for 5 minutes, or until agar-agar flakes are completely dissolved. Keep warm.
- In a food processor, purée tofu until completely smooth, about 1 minute. Add apple juice mixture, lemon juice and vanilla. Purée until fully combined and pour into prepared crust.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, until set. To serve, run a knife around edge of springform pan, unhinge and slice. Garnish with your topping of choice (edible flower, mint julienne, etc.). Serve chilled.